perhaps this is retarded, but I have an old ME-F that I've been saving
for parts because the battery cover is missing, and I bought it for
the lens anyways.  If it would fit, I'll happily mail it to you for
shipping costs.  If not, perhaps you can give these guys a call?
http://www.asahiphoto.co.uk/

I'm in Germany, so I can call them for free if you like.

rg2

--
All knowledge has value.