In a message dated 8/13/2009 5:22:48 P.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
mbea...@mac.com  writes:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/62343...@n00/page2/

The moon  through an $8000 telescope, a blues jam, and a Welshman
carving text  into slate.

I took a basic astronomy class, and one night the teacher  opened up
the UofM observatory, and let me bolt my K100D to the 7  inch, f9
telescope. We were both happy with the  results.

The Blues Jam were members of a local Blues Society- http://
www.acousticblues.com/  And the Welsh Slate Carver was part of  this
year's Smithsonian Institution's Folk Life Festival.

The  Blues Jam and Slate Carver were posted for the participants, so I
posted a few images that otherwise might not have made the  cut.

Comments or  Criticisms?

Cheers
Mike

Well, I didn't get how  all those things were related (from the title). And
now that I lhave looked,  huh, I still don't. Heh. But that's about my only
criticism. Heh.

Nice  moon. And I really like the carving hands, especially the first one.
Very nice  shot!

Marnie aka Doe  :-)