William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "P. J. Alling"
Subject: OT -- Instant pictures aren't quite dead yet.

Looks more like a copy of Kodak's system than Polaroid's.

http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/003874.php

I', pretty sure that Fuji is using Polaroid technology. A number of years ago we were given a Fji Pictrostat printer. What it was, in essence, was a flatbed scanner attached to an instant print camera. The system used two pieces of material, a doner and a reciever to make the image. It was uncannily like a Polaroid peel apart print. This was just after Kodak had to pay Polaroid that huge settlement for infringing on their patent. I have strong doubts that the Fuji instant print technology has anything to do with anything Kodak has ever done.

William Robb

The film exposes through the back like the Kodak system, the battery is separate from the film cartridge like the Kodak system. Then there's the traditional 3:2 image ratio. Now the Fuji peal apart film is probably quite a bit like Polaroid product, but since Kodak was forced from the instant film market by Polaroid, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Fuji and Kodak didn't indulge in some kind of technology trade.

--

The free man owns himself. He can damage himself with either eating or
drinking; he can ruin himself with gambling. If he does he is certainly a damn

        --G. K. Chesterton