Thank you for this additional info.

I don't understand why Pentax doesn't post this information on
their website, and why one needs to look at somebody's (albeit
a president of Pentax Imaging) web-blog.

It appears that rhe card doesn't say one really has to purchase K7
or present any proof of its purchase, does it?
(I hesitated for a moment: do they want to have K7's SN written
in the rebate form, - but it doesn't look like that's the case.)

So, - why not post this information on pentaximaging.com , where
they have a place for rebates/rebate information already?!
And then Pentax (or Hoya) complains about their profits?!

Igor

Wed Aug 19 16:38:59 CDT 2009