Fred,

Sending your LX's to Canada was an option I considered, but feared the border
hassles.  I approached Pentax USA with some trepidation.

One thing that helped me with Pentax USA was using rush service.  For $25 or
so, a real person takes care of your order.  It works like this.  Call Pentax
USA service in Colorado.  Tell them you need rush service.  The service
writer gives you their name and asks you to send the item to their attention.
 When the package arrives, they get it directly and walk it over to a service
tech for immediate repair.  They call you back with the estimate and then
arrange to ship it back to you.  I much prefered this arrangement.

(As an insight, I sent our favorite A*135/1.8 in for a repair after the focus
began to loosen up.  It was my first experience with rush service and I
didn't get it quite right.  I had failed to put the guy's name on the outside
of the package.  After 5 days, I called in a panic.  He went to the mail room
or wherever and picked it up!  Everything  went smoothly from there on.)

Regards,  Bob S.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Ship the two bodies together or separately?  Will I get a discount if I
use a few LX winks [ ;-) ] in my accompanying letter?  Do I dare to eat a
peach?    >>