Mike Johnston wrote:

>Lots of times when you see eBay auctions for lenses that say "some dust
>inside the lens, does not affect picture quality," it may well actually
be
>fungus.

And if you're very, very lucky and have appeased the photographic gods you
might someday get just the opposite: I once bought a lens via eBay to use
for parts. It was advertised as having fungus so it went real cheap. When
I disassembled it I found that the "fungus" wiped off with one pass of a
lens cleaning tissue: it was just dust.

--
Mark Roberts
www.robertstech.com