Thanks, Marnie.  Actually, I did have some control:  On my way to work, the
tracks were in the early-morning sun (that's when I took this pic); in the
evening they were in shade (and I took several others).

I guess I was just feeling contrasty when I chose this one.

Cheers,

Rick

http://photo.net/photos/RickW