P.J.,

I'm not sure that he's claiming having come up with the concept, but
rather the name, "DMD".

I have been asking for such a camera on the p-net Pentax forum for the
better part of two years, as have many others. I wrote a blog post to
Pentax requesting it, as have many others on their blogs, and not just
Pentax shooters. The DMD is a ubiquitous idea (except inside camera
company walls).

Anyway, it doesn't matter, because our prayers have finally been
answered and a kind soul of a camera company has produced such a
camera: The Leica M9. And I am so grateful they're making it available
to photographers in all walks of life by pricing it at $999.99. Ah,
the magic of the 9  :-)

I'm sure one day we'll have the simple digital camera many of us want.
Hopefully arthritis won't have ravaged my joints by then.

 --M.

--
http://www.EnticingTheLight.com