I come from the capital K Klutz school of carefulness. Starting with the 10D, I've been putting Giottos Aegis screens on the LCDs. It's a lot cheaper to replace if (when) something goes wrong.

I'm also one of those who typically puts a UV filter in front of the lens. When I dropped my camera bag in an airport, the only damage was some cross-threading in the lens (which Eric fixed for me) and the replacement of the filter (which had given itself up to save the lens).

Larry in Dallas