On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 10:42:50PM -0400, Scott Loveless scripsit:
> On 9/10/09, Mark Roberts <m...@robertstech.com> wrote:
> > Unless it's something much better than the K7, both in terms of higher
> > performance and higher price bracket.
>
> My money's on Cotty NOT eating his hat.  They'll bring back aperture
> simulators before we see a full frame SLR from Pentax.

Well, assuming that it's an APS-C sensor, the obvious candidate is
Samsung having got serious about the whole thing in terms of fab tech.
There's a lot that could still be done, but which hasn't been on grounds
of cost; if any of that stuff is being done, Pentax could come out with
a ~2 kUSD APS-C K1 that has ~20 MPixels and superior performance.

I wouldn't care to bet on that, but it doesn't seem impossible.

-- Graydon