From: "Lasse Karlsson"
Hi all,

I have a guitar player friend, Andy Fite - an American guy living in Stockholm, Sweden.

He is right now visiting New York and he's going to play a solo set at The Stone at the corner of avenue C and 2nd street in NY, tonight Thursday, Sept. 17 at 8 p.m..

Here's a link to the venue:
http://www.thestonenyc.com/

Andy is a vey good guitar player, we've had him a number of times at local jazz festivals and he's been very successful. Not only is he playing the guitar, he also sings and writes his own music - very funny songs plus more. He is also going to do a recording with his "Funtet" now while in the States.

Musically he's definitely in the category of "talents deserving greater attention" or what the phrase is. If you hear him, you'll agree. And personally I'm hoping that he'll get some wider attention during his stay.

Anyway, if anyone feels like it, you'd be most welcome to go down and shoot some pictures of him playing.

I haven't been asked to write this and Andy doesn't know I'm doing it. It just struck me that there may be some New York PDML:er who'd like to and would have the opportunity to attend. This of course means that there's no money offered here, only the prospect of future glory... :) (Or if it would lead to something more, who knows.)

He's got some stuff on Youtube that I haven't yet checked out, but you'd find it by a search on his name. He's also on Facebook, in case you'd like to contact him. You can also get back to me during the day in case you want to.

He is a very nice and friendly person. If you do go to The Stone, say hi and tell him I told you about it.

(Later during his trip he's also going to visit Pittsburg and then New Bern, North Carolina, where he'll also perform and teach.)

Btw. the latest I heard on Facebook was that friends and fans were asking for DVD:s of his show. Andy has not made any arrangements for that as of now, so if you got a video camera, I guess you've got a chance to make some people very happy by that too...

Anyway - as I said, I'm just giving the heads up for what it's worth, in case someone would be interested, just because I like his music and would have liked to be there and shoot pictures myself.

Won't be able to get to NYC, but where in New Bern, NC? That's only a couple of hours down the road from here.

Also "Andy" doesn't return usable results on YouTube.