On 10 Jan 2002 at 15:21, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> Not that I've noticed.  If there is a difference it's a lot less than
> the difference on the LX.  On the LX the sound goes from one with a
> metallic ping, similar to the old LX, to a nice, subtle, "thunk".  I'd
> like to record a WAV of these differences, but I don't know if I have
> the software to do it.  I can record the sounds on my tape deck and
> maybe someone can convert them to a WAV which I can then upload for
> everyone's listening pleasure.

Hi Shel,

I did some recording and 250MB later I have a start to a sound library, this
particular file contains the sounds of camera shutters all recorded under the
same conditions and without level changes so they are all relative. In this
case for constancy the bodies (10) are dry shot at 1/125th with the body cap in
place (excepting the Pentax 645 which has to be loaded). I also recorded the LX
sounds with various lenses attached however there wasn't a great deal of
audible difference and they aren't in this zip, maybe later.

In any case check out the files at:

http://www.home.aone.net.au/audiobias/shuttersounds.zip (58kB)

Cheers,

Rob Studdert