Thanks, dom. There's a Native American fiction writer, Sherman Alexie, who's written a collection of short stories called *The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven* that you might like. Also, there's a superb book by photographer John Running called *Honor Dance* (U of Nevada Press, copyright 1985). My favorite portrait in this collection is called *Apache hunter*. The colors in this work are absolutely stunning as is the use of light. Virtually all of the photographs were shot in Nevada on reservations. I certainly captured color in my little geso, but next to John Running's work, my stuff looks . . . well, there's no comparison. John Running's work is a bizillion times better. :-). Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Madame RD" <romd...@orange.fr>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2009 10:15 AM
Subject: Re: GESO Indian Fest in Milwaukee, WI

wow! stunning colours and great photos .. they give the feeling of the movement when so many photos of these events are static .. and i love the contrast between the dancers lost in their inner world and the people in the background ..

dom from Paris
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Christine  Aguila