On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:
> I went to a new dance venue last night and the blues room was lit with
> orange rope lights. In short, the red channel is fairly well exposed,
> but the others are a couple of stops under.
>
> As such, there's a lot of noise in the blue and green channels.
> In lightroom, is there a way to convert to black and white either just using
> the red channel, or better yet, using the blue and green in such a way
> that it minimizes the noise?

Sure:

A: Hit the Grayscale button in the Develop module, then go into the
Grayscale Channel Mixer and turn down the blue/green channel sliders,
pull up the yellow-orange-red sliders.

B: Stay in Color mode, go into the HSL panels ... "All" ... Set
saturation on all channels to -100. Then adjust Luminosity sliders to
present the best data.
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com