P. J. Alling wrote:
I've sometimes wondered at some of the comments I get on my PESOs. I know my monitor isn't professionally calibrated, I took the Adobe Gamma, (yes I know doing it by eye isn't the optimal a solution ), as a starting point then adjusted it until it matched the output from my printer. So I get acceptable more or less repeatable prints. However I just looked at my recent PESOs on a (probably uncalibrated) LCD on a public computer and boy there's a huge difference between what they look like on my HITACHI SuperScan (CRT).. I take back all the bad thoughts I had about what seemed to be needlessly nit picking comments.

Peter, I humbly suggest that you do buy yourself a calibration tool, even cheap Spyder at its most basic configuration will improve the quality and repeatability of your workflow.

Indeed, your most recent b/w shots are looking pretty flat on my monitor. It is Philips Brilliance 200W LCD screen that is profiled with Spyder.

In fact, I was going to suggest to you that you send me one your PEFs or DNGs so that I can have a shot at processing them, but you kind of outran me here with this message.

HTH

Boris