I'm not trying to blame anyone Joe. My biggest issue was that overload
of e-mail we all must contend with from all the various sources and I
chose that moment to be a whiner.  I delete a significant portion of
the posts anyway as I know they won't interest me. :-)

You all can say anything you like on the list, I've always been a
proponent of that.

However sometimes it can get a little silly.  What if everytime
someone displayed a photo and it was commented on, they posted an
individual thank you to each and every person that made a comment?
That does happen sometimes. We can easily fill up bandwidth, both
electronic and human with relatively meaningless chatter that has
nothing to do with photography or is utterly trivial, and it can
become burdensome at times.

And no Jostein, as I said, my motivation wasn't to bring any one down.
 I was simply feeling some frustration with the level of idle banter I
was having to handle.

Tom