Dennis Gibson wrote:
The MX is still a great camera, but I never shoot film anymore. Are most of you shooting digital only?

I shot film years ago, but lost interest in the '80's. I regained interest in 2007, bought a K100D Super kit and discovered then what LBA really means. So I shoot 100% digital. I was never one to take any interest in the film/chemicals side of things. I love digital darkroom processing though.

Sometimes I have digital images made into 4X6 or 5X7 prints to show to others, and I think six megapixels is plenty good enough for that.

Oh, most definitely, and more!

For instance, I needed 6 shots for a mini gallery (local hotel lobby) and I selected 3 recently taken with my K20D and 3 from the K100D. All were "normalized" to fit 14 3/4" x 11". Most were cropped to begin with, and one of the 6 megapixel shots was cropped on 3 sides such that when resized to fit the mat it ended up being a mere 140 DPI. (All the K20 shots were 300 DPI or better.)

All were printed on a large format printer (Canon iPF8100). The results for all six images were outstanding (other than the red colour in one shot--should have been a candy-apple red, ended-up being a burnt red. This was before I monitor-calibrated).

Despite having large areas of solid colours with gradients, I couldn't see any pixelation in the K100D shots. (The shots are of classic car details.)

So 4x6 and 5x7 are absolutely no problem.

Due to the sensor problem and wanting something inbetween a small point and shoot and an SLR I bought a superzoom; it's not a Pentax and I'm very happy with it. I've been disturbed by the consistently poor reviews recent Pentax gear has been getting.

You've been reading the wrong reviews. :-) I realize that's your impression, but my impression of Pentax reviews, especially recently (ie the K20D and the K-7) has been the exact opposite: very very good reviews. (I can't speak for the non-SLR Pentax product reviews as I have little interest in those, besides perhaps the W80.)

-bmw