Subject: Re: how many (US) national parks have you been to?

Now, we should list our favorites.  My top 5, in order:

1.  Hawaii Volcanoes -- there is no experience to match watching the
lava flow into the ocean and feeling the heat on your cheeks.

2.  Katmai -- The best place to watch grizzlies catching salmon, plus
a gigantic valley covered in volcanic ash

3.  Yosemite -- the cathedral of stone

4.  Haleakala -- watching the sun leap out of the Pacific from 10,000
feet above sea level in unforgetable.

5.  Mt Ranier -- there is something quite spiritual about that mountain.

Banff -- a Canadian National Park -- is also very high on my list.  A
wonderland of mountains, lakes and glaciers.

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Jack Davis <jdavi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
A bunch of National Monuments that you need to check before counting them as NP's.

Jack

--- On Fri, 10/2/09, eactiv...@aol.com <eactiv...@aol.com> wrote:

From: eactiv...@aol.com <eactiv...@aol.com>
To: pdml@pdml.net
Date: Friday, October 2, 2009, 12:40 PM
In a message dated 10/2/2009 12:39:10
P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ann...@nyc.rr.com
writes:
> A friend of mine just notched up 500... for this
year... on a
> motorcycle. I'm envious of his freedom and
ambition!

> -Charles

I'm impressedwith his talent for "fish stories",
since there are only 58
National parks ;-)

Perhaps he is counting every trip?

=============
Probably counting state parks too. Interestingly, if
CA stops covering our
local mountain as a state park, the national park
service has said it will
take it on.

I don't know what's happening with that yet.

Marnie aka Doe

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of
thinking we used when we
created them. Albert Einstein

directly above and follow the directions.