On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 03:00:30PM -0400, John Francis wrote:

> A new version of ScanTags, with that bug fixed (and one other minor fix)
> can be found in the usual place:
>
>     <http://www.jfwaf.com/temp/ScanTags.exe>
>
> This should now work with JPEGs produced by Photoshop, etc., as well as
> with JPEGs created in-camera.

And, before I get a whole raft of complaints:  I know it doesn't report
the lens being used for JPEGs converted by programs such as Photoshop.
As far as I can see that's not my fault - it looks as though the Pentax
MakerNote tag gets stripped out during the conversion to JPEG, so there's
no lens identifier information for ScanTags to report.  To see the lens
name you'll have to go back to the PEF/DNG (or an in-camera JPEG).