For the first time in how many years? I'm writing an on-topic post.

I was mooching around in one of the camera shops in Central London yesterday
and noticed in one of their cabinets a SMC-A 28-80/3.5-4.5 lens, and it was
only about £69- if I remember correctly.

Now, back in the day when I used Pentax gear I would have killed to find one
of these lenses - they seem to be quite rare over here, and I never did own
one, although the non-SMC version is quite common. I was very tempted to buy
it, but eventually overcome the temptation since I'm highly unlikely ever to
use it.

It's this one:
http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/lenses/zooms/short/A28-80f3.5-4.5.html

But, there is is. If anyone on the list is interested, it is at the London
Camera Exchange on the Strand.
http://www.lcegroup.co.uk/

It doesn't feature in their Used list on the web, but you could drop them an
email or give them a call if you're interested.

Bob