Stig,
Sorry about late reply. Thanks for the offer on the GPS log files, but
in case of Greenwich I think I have pretty good control on the
placenames. :-)

I wasn't aware that GPS enabled cellphones were that cheap now. Thanks
for the tip! Makes me regret buying the GlobalSat unit since my old
phone is falling apart. :-(

Did a test run today of the GlobalSat today, btw, with subsequent
computer uploading and matching. I used GeoSetter to merge the GPS
data (from a *.gpx file) into the DNG files, and Lightroom assimilated
the new metadata without glitch.

But I still have the tiniest tinge of envy of the Nikon GPS that
attaches directly to camera and writes into the raw files directly.

Jostein