From: "William Robb"
From: "P N Stenquist"

> The main advantage of a Mac these days is that there are far fewer > viruses and spyware out there to haunt your computer. Macs still don't > seem to be a target for the idiots. And most who use both platforms > consider the Mac interface quite a bit less clumsy than a PC.

Does mac offer a real two button mouse yet?

Every time I've asked that question, I've been told you can use any kind of mouse you want with a Mac, as long as it's USB. I couldn't get it to work on the school's Macs when I tried it though. Or at least I couldn't get the right button to function. Maybe there's something you have to set up that I couldn't access.

My personal experience though is the Mac interface is not as user friendly as Windoze. And I am NOT a fan of Windoze by any means.

I started off with DOS, and came to Windoze by way of OS/2 - I think IBM did a better job stealing Xerox's Alto GUI than either Micro$oft or Apple.

But, while IBM was a great technology company, their marketing SUX ... although I think their anti-trust consent decree hampered them in the PC market more than anything else. They hesitated too often and too long for fear of running afoul of the Justice Department again.