Hello all,
  I am in the process of converting my late father's slide library into
prints, partly because the slides are starting to deteriorate (fading and
color shift) and partly because nobody in my family has a slide projector
anymore and this library contains all pictures of the family between 1960
and about 1985.

Whilst copying the slides I came across some of a strange shape, they look
like 35mm slides i.e. the slide mount is the same size as a 3mm slide. the
difference is that the opening in the middle of the mount is square (I would
guess about 24mm or thereabouts). On dismantling a mount the negative itself
is square and seems to lack the usual sprocket holes (only 1 being evident
instead of the usual row). The film is Kodak, but that's all I know. Maybe
this is a simple question, but I'd like to know what format this film is and
what sort of camera might have been used, just for interest... I don't know
of any other format camera used by my father other than 35mm, but these sure
look like slides he has taken. I would date these particular slides as being
around 1970.

Regards,