> > > important as
> > >
> > > It will need to be soaked in a cess pit for about 2000
> years, first.
> >
> > Welcome to the internet.
>
> Yes but 2000 years?  We'll have much more important things to
> spend our electricity on long before then.

The Vindolanda letters are the Twitterus of the day. "Send more socks, it's
cold up here. Signed, Biggus Dickus"; "Come to my party. Signed, The CO's
Wife". If that's not banality I don't know what is. And yet, that's what
we're interested in. Put on an exhibition about Virgil's Aeneid and you
could probably count the audience on one hand, but the British people,
including me, voted the Vindolanda letters the most interesting and
important historical artifacts we have. That's what Twitter is, too.

Bob