In a message dated 10/31/2009 11:39:51 A.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
bruce.wal...@gmail.com writes:
"Portraying someone as  a sexual being first and a person second" sounds
more like objectification  than sexism. And objectification is something
we do all the time, especially  we photographers. We silhouette people in
images and instantly make them  objects (shapes, forms).  We use shots of
random individuals to stand  for a general case or symbol -- objects  again.

Actually, objectification IS sexist. Sexual  objectification anyway. It is
ONE of the definitions of  sexist/sexism.

Just a comment. Not telling Dave not to post. (Though a  few more man shots
would be good. I like having sexual objectification on the  other foot now
on then, just for the sheer unusualness of it.)

Marnie aka  Doe ;-)