> Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 12:17:22 -0500 (EST)
> From: Igor Roshchin <s...@komkon.org>
>
> Without using the built-in flash, I easily get at least 200-300 shots
> on one fully-charged set of 2300-2600 mAh AA batteries.
> The last "documented" shoot had ~450 shots within one evening, while
> using two sets of batteries, and not completely exhausting the second one.

Adam, Mark, - I wrote: _at least_.
I don't remember how many. I never really counted.

I never had a chance to do more than 450-500 shots (all RAW) in a row
without a break in between - and I've been cautious enough to recharge them
during the breaks.
And I don't remember if I needed to change the set within those 450-500
between or not, and when. - I know that I had two sets on me.

I was responding to
> I've given up on NiMH AA rechargeables in my *istD and gone back to
> lithiums. I was getting as few as 20 shots on 8 batteries (4 in the
> body and 4 in the grip) before the camera would shut down

So, your numbers confirm my statement that the numbers aren't that bad.
Hence, - I am not sure why people are insisting on NiMH not being reliable.
(Except for not charging them just before the photoshoots.)

Igor