In a message dated 11/9/2009 8:01:39 A.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
eactiv...@aol.com writes:

Oops. Originally gave  wrong link for first. Corrected post.
These were both taken by the Swinging  Bridge. I don't know why they call
it
that, it doesn't swing. :-)

I  don't know what the rock in the distance is  called, it's not some weird

view of Half Dome. :-) Minimal reflection because  there was a sand bar  in
the center of the   river.

http://www.mapphotography.com/PAWS/pages/swing1.htm

I  went  off the bridge for this one. My hardest exposure in Yosemite. In
the past when I  did reflections there, the rock would blow out and the
reflection would be fine.  So I used exposure lock on the rock, spot
metering, a
bunch of things. Finally I  resorted to a manual exposure  <gasp>. (I
normally
use AV.)

Yosemite  Falls. All the  falls had some water, but not lots, it was a dry
year.

http://www.mapphotography.com/PAWS/pages/swing2.htm

Comments   welcome.

Marnie aka Doe   :-)