On Nov 9, 2009, at 9:40 AM, Rick Womer wrote:

One of the PESOs I posted yesterday illustrates a frustration with the K10D in low light: grey things in the shadows go magenta.

That curved blurry thing at the very bottom is a grey steel porch rail, and the magenta-tinged flat surfaces beyond are grey concrete.

These were shot at ISO 1600 in RAW, and processed via Lightroom. Generally I'm satisfied with how the camera handled the difficult lighting, except for the shifts to magenta. A series of nocturnal shots in Brugges last spring were ruined by the same phenomenon.

Apart from buying a K7 (which will have to wait a few months), is there a solution?

Solution: Avoid shooting curved blurry things under strange lighting conditions.

How was White Point set?

stan