John Sessoms wrote:

>There are no Lithium Ion AA batteries, but the *ist-D can also use CR-V3
>batteries and those ARE available as Litium Ion rechargeables. Plus,
>they're 3V(+) rather than the 2.5V(-) you get with a pair of NiMH AAs.
>
>Has anyone used these? The only drawback I foresee is there doesn't seem
>to be a charger that can do 2 of these at once.

Pentax officially advised against them due to their higher voltage,
though with the DC-DC switching regulators in modern electronics I
seriously doubt there would be any issues. Probably just a legal CYA
tactic, IMO.

I only knew one person who used them and he did so without ever having
any problems. And he was a Pentax rep. :)