On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 8:38 AM, P. J. Alling
<webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not a lot of Color Photography of WWII let alone WWI
>
> http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fotostrecke-37025.html

Either the Germans were very good housekeepers or we're not seeing
~all~ of the German trenches.  B&W images of Allied trenches seem
overwhelmingly to feature mud, muck and mire.  The German trenches
also seem to have much more wooden shoring than photos that I've seen
of Allied trenches.

A very interesting set of photos, and very timely posting on your part.  Thanks.

cheers,
frank