You've hit the nail on the head here, Ecke.

I'd dare to add on more consideration.  Uber expensive gear of any
kind serves at least one great service.  It liberates surplus funds
from people with more than they know what to do with, and
redistributes it to others more needy.  In this case the manufacturers
of said high-end gear.

;-)

regards, Anthony

   "Of what use is lens and light