In a message dated 11/17/2009 12:47:02 P.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
jdavi...@yahoo.com writes:
Wife and I took another  weekend excursion. This time to the north coast
(CA) and spent yesterday in and  around Crescent City.
Late afternoon on a windy extremely chilly day I took  another shot at
Battery Light. The DA 55~300 is a very light non-internal  focusing lens. When
racked out to 300mm you can't breath near it when shooting.  A peek through
the viewfinder showed it to be vibrating continually, but took 11  shots
(cable switch/2 sec delay) hoping for a moment's quiet. The link is to the
only
shot that appears to have been nearly vibration free. I was stubborn enough
 to not want to go larger than f/6.7 (wanted some foreground rock detail)
nor  higher than 200 ISO.
This taken just as the sun was sinking into the Pacific  through a thin
blushing persimmon tinted atmosphere.

All comments  welcome.

Jack

K20, DA 55~300, f/6.7, ISO 200, Bogen 3021 T'pod,  Pro ball head, full
frame (no  cropping)

http://photolightimages.com/aspupload/detail.asp?ID=450

That's  lovely, Jack. Love the light. It also really "highlights" it.

Marnie aka  Doe :-)