That's beautiful, Jack. Love it as is. Terrific light. Lovely composition. Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jack Davis" <jdavi...@yahoo.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 2:46 PM
Subject: PESO: Battery Point Light

Wife and I took another weekend excursion. This time to the north coast (CA) and spent yesterday in and around Crescent City. Late afternoon on a windy extremely chilly day I took another shot at Battery Light. The DA 55~300 is a very light non-internal focusing lens. When racked out to 300mm you can't breath near it when shooting. A peek through the viewfinder showed it to be vibrating continually, but took 11 shots (cable switch/2 sec delay) hoping for a moment's quiet. The link is to the only shot that appears to have been nearly vibration free. I was stubborn enough to not want to go larger than f/6.7 (wanted some foreground rock detail) nor higher than 200 ISO. This taken just as the sun was sinking into the Pacific through a thin blushing persimmon tinted atmosphere.

All comments welcome.

Jack

K20, DA 55~300, f/6.7, ISO 200, Bogen 3021 T'pod, Pro ball head, full frame (no cropping)

http://photolightimages.com/aspupload/detail.asp?ID=450