2009/11/28 P. J. Alling <webstertwenty...@gmail.com>:

> Nice shot, if there was a right wale I wonder what happened to the wrong
> whale...

Right whales are so named because, in bygone days, they were "the
right whale to catch".

We are lucky enough to see them occassionally during the annual whale
migration past Sydney, most of the migrating whales are humpbacks.  On
two recent years we've had cow and calf groups enter Sydney Harbour
and nearby bays for a few days rest from the very looooong journey.

regards, Anthony

   "Of what use is lens and light
    to those who lack in mind and sight"
                                               (Anon)