I've shown photos of this band before - they're working on a CD now
and invited me over to take some pix with the thought that they might
use some on their CD - no promises, but certainly possibilities.

I have to admit that I'm not terribly happy with anything I shot.  The
lighting was (as always) horrible and I'm shooting at very slow
shutter speeds.  Also the only lens I have that's remotely fast enough
is my A50mm f1.7 and that just isn't wide enough for the very cramped
environment that is their stage.  Given the few vantage points I have,
despite my best efforts, all the photos seem to have the same look to
them.

I may have to persuade them to allow me to shoot them at another
location and time, which is always hard to do because like a lot of
working jazz bar bands, they really don't rehearse or get together at
any time other than when they play.

So far (haven't had the chance to look closely at all 200 or so that I
shot that night) here's the one that I think may have the most
promise, optimistically cropped to square (ie:  CD cover) format <g>:

http://knarfinthecity.blogspot.com/2009/11/friday-night-jazz.html

Comments would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

cheers,
frank