On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 01:33:44PM +1100, Brian Walters scripsit:
> On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:50 -0500, "Graydon" <o...@uniserve.com> wrote:
> > I briefly -- very briefly -- considered standing on the tracks for a
> > better angle, and then the "are you insane?" brain got a grip on the
> > photography brain and the fit passed.
> >
> > <http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3wj7AowTcVM/SxH1KBOSNwI/AAAAAAAADPY/tZeOX0EBrl8/s1600/onward2.jpg>
> >

> Sometimes you need to suffer for your art - but standing on the tracks
> is probably taking that a bit far....

There's that notable distinction between "suffer" and "fatal" to
consider.

> I like the composition but agree with Marnie that it would benefit from
> a train approaching.

There _was_ a train approaching, but from the other way.  (The train I
was there to catch.)

Taking a picture of an approaching train at night is beyond my technical
skill because there's this nigh-searchlight headlight involved.  One
can't actually see the train, there's just this ball of light and the
haunted wailing of the whistle, and capturing either effectively is a
bit beyond me.

-- Graydon