Thanks, Cotty! It was in a small not too well padded bag, so can't be exactly
sure. From my recollection of the position of the bag when I picked it up and
the position of the camera (with mounted lens) within the bag, it received the
impact on the grip edge near the base. If you were to look at the body from the
front, the mount was bent about at the placement of the detente receiver
hole..'prox 4:00 o'clock. Lens must have received a blow at the same relative
location.
In my unique idiot fog, I force mounted another lens (50~135) to check if the
lens mounting ring on the 16~45 might also be bent. When I went to remove it, I
realized I might not be able to get it off. Emitting a medley of animal
birthing sounds (mostly from deep in my throat) struggling to remove it.
Obviously didn't want to ship that lens as well. Much teeth gritting and
grunting seemed to work as I finally got it to release and come off.
Just explaining it made me tired. ;)

Jack