It's me again, Margaret.

I have to admit that I ignored the prior threads on focus problems,
but now it seems my beloved wife's K100D has developed some of its
own.  I hereby prostrate myself before the wise and knowledgeable
PDML.  My own willful ignorance has left me humiliated and groveling
for your forgiveness.

Christie's K100D is focusing past where it should.  In other words, I
took a picture of my daughter playing in the snow today.  I was about
30 feet from her, the automagical focus thingy said she was in focus.
But upon review of the image, the registration numbers on the canoe 10
feet behind her were tack sharp.  Megan was a Theriaultian mess.  Lens
was an FA28/2.8.  I've noticed similar, but not as pronounced, issues
with the FA50/1.4.

Is there any way I can fix this myself, or am I pretty much stuck with
sending it off to whoever fixes Pentax cameras these days?

--
Scott Loveless
Cigarette-free since December 14th, 2008