2009/12/7 Christian <christ...@skofteland.net>:
>  Nice shot.  Love the framing and the sharpness is great.  I'm torn about
> the wave breaking on the right.  On the one hand it gives a sense of what
> the southern ocean is all about which is cool (I'm also wondering if it is
> the wake of the boat).  On the other hand it takes away from the bird....

Simplify, simplify, eh? :-)

The breaking wave is indeed the wake of the boat, but accentuated by
quite strong winds. The white splash is indeed dominating, and do take
up more real estate than do the bird. It could be dealt with by a bit
of cropping when the intention is to show the bird only. However, I
had a point to make about K-7 autofocus too, which wouldn't come
across as easily if the waves appeared to be outside the area covered
by AF sensors.

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/