[...] //cleaning of mirror//
BO> I defintely need to do this!!!  I'll try it first on the 635 before tackling
BO> the 124G.  Am I correct in assuming that access to the mirror and underside
BO> of the screen is via removing the 4 small screws that hold the focusing hood
BO> on?
 On my Yashica D, it's those 4 screws. You might want to check the web
 for an exploded view of the Yashica D, it seems it could be similar
 (I am not familiar with 635 model). I have it downloaded, but I don't
 have the URL for it in my archive :(. If you can't find it, I can send you the images
 myself.

 After you remove the hood, you will notice the focusing screen
 (actually a glass groundglass and a brightening fresnel screen
 underneath it) is held in the hood assembly. I hope the 635 is the
 same ;-)
 I was thinking of exchanging the groundglass and fresnel with a
 hasselblad (?) plastic all-in-one splitimage screen I have got from
 somewhere I don't remember where... but because of the construction
 of the finder assembly, I would have to adjust focus :( or at least
 put some spacers above the new screen, which I don't feel up to
 withuot a collimator or opt. bench.

Good light,
   Frantisek Vlcek

P.S.: sorry for the OT but imagine it as enablement for larger formats
like Pentax 645 and Pentax 67 ;-)