On Dec 8, 2009, at 5:09 PM, frank theriault wrote:

>> <http://www.multisport.net.nz/photos/583-2009-12-06-armstrong-festival-of-cycling-criterium-photos.html>
>
> All are good photos, but my favorite is the big sprinter in red
> breaking away from the peloton.  Very dynamic!

Thanks for the feedback, Frank.  I liked the look of exertion on his face.
He's riding for Benchmark Homes, one of the "big" teams around here.  They
sponsor a local tour as well.

The following photo is the next frame from the camera, showing the very same
bunch a few seconds later.  I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the actual
race but they probably reeled him in pretty quickly.

One of my favourites is two frames before the one you picked (sorry they're not
numbered, that's on my to-do list).  They've just finished a sprint and the
guys at the front look knackered (notice there's only one from each team).  The
last sprinter is looking back at the peloton for some reason.  He's probably
wanting to get back into the cosy bunch riding.  Or maybe he's yelling
profanities at his team-mates for not leading him out properly.

I definitely would have appreciated a more enthusiastic crowd but it was good
to see so many people turn up.

Cheers,
Dave