You need to set both the camera and the lens to MF, as if you don't you will end damaging the in-camera AF motor. If you only use the lens clutch, it isn't like on Pentax FA* lenses, on which you only need to push backwards the focusing ring to disengage AF.

Carlos

Larry Colen escribió:
Does anyone else have the 20/1.8?

Optically it seems like a sweet piece of glass. Unfortunately while I needed it last weekend, it didn't show up until Monday and I haven't had a lot of time to play with it.

The first thing that I noticed was that in manual focus, focusing it felt like it was turning a motor.

It also turns out that if the lens is in manual focus, and the camera is in auto focus, autofocus still works, it's just that the focus ring won't turn when the camera focuses.

Looking on the mount, when I manually focus, the drive gear for the autofocus will turn.

The big problem is that this makes the lens unpleasant to manually focus, though it works fine, it feels bad. Is this the way it's supposed to work? Or do I have a bad copy of the lens?