I like both of these.  I think the blurred lead rider in the first shot adds
rather than detracts; it increases the impression of motion.  One could
probably bring down the sky a stop or so with PS (or LR, if one was in the mood
for some tedious work with the brush tool).

Rick

http://photo..net/photos/RickW