Hi!

I think I'd start a new thread.

First of, I've re-checked and re-adjusted my camera diopter, though it was probably spot on from the beginning. I used whatever is written below the picture in the viewfinder.

Though this is not a scientific test, meaning, e.g., that no tripod was used, but I've observed the following (using Yvon's chart, suggested by Derby).

1. The closer the object - the more precise is the focus.
2. The worst situation is closer than infinity, but only just. This is when just rotating the lens all the way to infinity will result is out of focus picture. I suppose it is because of the distance and relative smallness of what I have to decide the focus upon. 3. Close to minimal focus distance I get approximately (very roughly) 8-10 mm of front focus.

I do have a vague recollection of my dialog at Pentax Israel when they said that I might have focusing precision problems with the screen simply because *usually*, they said, this is what happens.

Suddenly I am feeling like drowning into major time spendage of testing K10D with A 50/1.2, testing both cameras with AF lenses (which I have a few, notably FA 50/1.4 and FA 43/1.9), and so on.

*Sigh*

Any suggestions as to how to proceed and how avoid major time spendage will be appreciated.

Boris

P.S. My eyes ache a little after this exercise...
P.P.S. Meanwhile I learned by experience that when my K-7 shows one mark less than full battery I still have probably 50 or may be even 75 shots to go including reasonable amount of chimping.