Thu Dec 17 12:55:44 CST 2009
Boris Liberman sent his brutal comments:

> On 12/1/2009 11:14 PM, Igor Roshchin wrote:
> > I took this photo in September in Turin Italy:
> > http://www.komkon.org/~igor/PHOTOS/Italy2009/_IRP0251.jpg
> > Does it look too bright to you? Should I darken it back?
> >
> > Yet another photo from night Turin:
> > http://www.komkon.org/~igor/PHOTOS/Italy2009/_IRP0300.jpg
> >
> > To quote Boris, "your brutal comments are appreciated".
> >
> > Igor
>
> Igor,
>
> On my screen, the sunset shot looks obviously HDR'ed or something like
> that. So, my answer would be - you might wanna darken it a bit.
>
> The second shot is less successful, IMHO. I'll explain why. You have
> that rather small couple slightly to the right off the center that is
> walking the plaza. In my view, either it has to be without any people
> invoked or it has to be with many more people in the frame. Like this,
> it is as if you started to say something, then stopped in the middle and
> started another sentence and then stopped again and haven't finished
> either of the two.
>
> You quoted me, remember? ;-)
>
> Boris

Boris,
yours and other people's comments are greatly appreciated.

The first one, (which was voiced by a few other PDMLers) -
confirms something that I was worrying about.
On another hand, that creates a "softer" look
(which Jim King quite poetically called "pastel medieval painting look")
- that's what caused me to keep it at this level and ask for people's
opinion.

As for the second one, - I totally agree.

I minimized people's presence as much as I could.
It was hard to get nobody at all in the frame, - it's a populated place.
The time was such that there were not too many people, but somebody
was there all the time.
So, I didn't want to test the patience of my wife who had been already
patient enough waiting for me setting things up and waiting for this moment.

Thanks for looking!

Igor