On Dec 18, 2009, at 7:36 AM, Boris Liberman wrote:

Hi!

Having read "The tenset" by Mike Johnston (http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2009/12/the-tenset.html ) I've realized that the design of my web site is pretty awful. At least, that conversion of everything to the flash based galleries wasn't very wise step on my side.

Flash sucks.

Here is the GESO of both Galia's and my work from the previous week when we kept coming and shooting in Neve Tzedek - the historical heart of Tel Aviv.

http://liberman-family.com/boris/neve_tzedek_2009/index.html

Nice sets. I suspect that in a couple of years you'll be known around photographic circles as Galia's dad.

If you can index photos from more than one place (I know it can be done, but don't know if you can do it with your tools), it would be fun to have a set of paired father daughter photos such as:

http://liberman-family.com/boris/neve_tzedek_2009/By%20Galia/slides/K10_21320.html
http://liberman-family.com/boris/neve_tzedek_2009/By%20Boris/slides/K7_03092.html

http://liberman-family.com/boris/neve_tzedek_2009/By%20Galia/slides/K10_21285.html
http://liberman-family.com/boris/neve_tzedek_2009/By%20Galia/slides/K10_21285.html

I'm sure that you folks have many others.

I've decided (may be for the last time) to go along with the existing solution and chosen JAlbum Mirage skin. I wonder if it is convenient to use and if it works for you from web-design perspective.

I am thinking that perhaps given the fact that JAlbum supports directory trees, I can organize all my galleries (and reshuffle them a bit for the occasion) into a nice tree structure and have them all presented in this way.

Any comments on the photos and the web design (including as usual, brutal and honest ones) will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Boris