Hi Everyone:

***A FEW MAP LINKS***

*An ok map of DOWNTOWN Chicago, in caps because there's much to the north & south of downtown (& I'm not talking about the suburbs; I'm talking Chicago Proper) Dank Haus is on the North side of the city. Pretty good listing of sites to see, though Millennium Park isn't listed; but it's still valuable to give you an overview of the area--for orientation purposes if you need that kind of thing :-).

http://www.planetware.com/map/chicago-downtown-map-us-ilchgo_n.htm
http://tinyurl.com/ybjaa6p

A More Comprehensive site for Maps. Scroll down to the "Zoom Chicago Downtown/Loop Map." Click the link, then zoom in on the PDF file; Wow! Really good map.
http://www.chicagotraveler.com/maps.htm

*Map of Lincoln Square neighborhood, Chicago
http://tiny.cc/TWlZR

*Chicago Transportation
http://www.transitchicago.com/
http://www.transitchicago.com/travel_information/maps/htsystemmap.aspx

**Please note: The Dank Haus is located off of the Brown Line, and you would get off at Western Ave, and it's about a 2 minute walk to the Dank Haus from the Western EL stop. Very Convenient!!! The street intersection is Lawrence Ave & Western Ave on the north side of the city.

*Dank Haus German Cultural Center
http://www.dankhaus.com/

***A FEW HOTEL & B & B LINKS*** SEE WAY BELOW THE MOTELS I DON'T RECOMMEND*****

*Hotel Guide:  Hotels in the Downtown Area
http://chicago.hotelguide.net/hl1dt.htm

*Best Western in Wrigleyville--by Wrigley Field, home of the Cubs
http://www.hawthorneterrace.com/

*Hampton Inn--Downtown on Illinois Street, Fun area
http://www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=CHIHSHX

*Ramada Inn--South Lakeshore near McCormick Place
http://www.ramada-chicago.com/homepage/
Funny thing about this Inn. I didn't know much about it until a few months ago. For their 50th wedding anniversary, I offered to give my parents a room downtown for the weekend, but they wanted to stay here! I kept saying, "are you sure," and they always said, "yes." My parents met while my dad was at the U of C. My folks still meet old Fraternity friends and frequent their old stomping grounds. They are always happiest when heading to Hyde Park, and I think over the years this Ramada Inn has come to have sentimental value for my parents. Some of the rooms have a lake view. Given much of the PDML Exhibit Festivities will be on the northside of the city, this isn't a top recommendation WRT location convenience, but I thought I'd put it out there anyway.

*Holiday Inn Express
640 N. Wabash, Chicago
http://tinyurl.com/ye5mc7l

**B & Bs Listed on the Chicago Bed & Breakfast Association Web Site**
http://www.chicago-bed-breakfast.com/bednbreakfasts.htm

***ALONG LINCOLN AVE YOU WILL SEE THE FOLLOWING MOTELS:***

Diplomat
River Park
Lincoln Inn
Patio
Apache
O'MI
Summit

***I DON'T RECOMMEND ANY OF THESE MOTELS. I'm sure they are affordable, and, to be sure, they are very convenient to the Dank & transportation to downtown, but YOU STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!***

That should get you started if you're thinking of coming, which I hope you are.
Cheers, Christine