Tom,

I try to do that too!  The only problems is, that she rarely wants to
make large purchases.  She is the frugal one of this couple.  That is
probably a good thing.  It keeps me in check and makes sure I don't go
too far off the deep end.

Bruce Dayton

a> Hah Hah.  Mine too.  When I get the P67II, I plan on hiding it for several
a> months.  I still always find it helps to give very cooperative approval on
a> some major purchase SHE wants to make, when I'm about to make one myself.
a> :-)

a> Tom C.

a> ----- Original Message -----
a> From: "Peifer, William [OCDUS]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
a> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
a> Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 10:38 AM
a> Subject: RE: Spousal-approval-wise

>> ROTFLMAO!  Actually, my wife complains much more about computers and the
>> Internet (and me being on them all the time) than about the number of
>> lenses, bodies, etc., etc., that I seem to be accumulating.  She hates
>> computers more than the Unabomber, I think.  :-)  She seems to think that
>> all I do is check e-mail and buy second-hand gear from on-line auctions --
>> now where did she get that idea?  Har!!  Her main complaint is that her
>> clothes seem to take up progressively ~less~ space in the bedroom closets
>> nowadays, while all my cameras, lenses, telescopes, tripods, computer
a> gear,
>> etc., take up progressively ~more~ space.  She's sure that I'll have our
>> place looking like a warehouse if left to my own devices.  If she had her
>> way, I'd still have all this stuff -- I'd just have somewhere else to put
>> it.  After all, she can fit her entire complement of photographic gear in
>> the side pocket of her purse.  :-)  "But honey, one of my cameras would
a> give
>> you MUCH more artistic and technical control over your photography than
a> your
>> point 'n' shoot camera...."  Now THERE'S an argument I never expect to
a> win!

>> Bill Peifer
>> Rochester, NY
a> -
a> This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List.  To unsubscribe,
a> go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Don't forget to
a> visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org .