----- Original Message ----- From: "paul stenquist"
Subject: OT: Hard drive enclosures?

My oldest external drive failed. It's close to 10 years old and is only about 130 meg. It was fully backed up, so it's not a problem. It's a 3.5 SATA drive in an enclosure. I'm wondering if I can use that enclosure for any SATA 3.5 drive. I'm going to replace it with a 1.5 terabyte Seagate 7200 rpm 3.5 SATA. Are all enclosures created equal?

BTW, amazon currently has that Seagate drive for $114 with free shipping.

You should be able to just drop a new drive in and keep playing.
I think bigger drives produce more heat, so if the enclosure doesn't have a cooling fan, the new drive might have a rather short life.

William Robb