On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 12:31 PM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> I don't know anything about Canadian politics, other than apparently Liberal
> and Conservative don't mean quite the same thing they do in the U.S., but do
> y'all have the same amount of political acrimony we have down here in the
> lower 48?

Well, judging from what I see on US News networks like CNN, Foxnews
and CNBC, you guys take it lots more seriously than we do up here.
Our politicians are a pretty laughable lot and we tend to treat them
that way.  Besides, no matter what anyone says while on the campaign
trail or in opposition, they all seem to do the same stuff once they
get into a position of power (ie:  line their own pockets and those of
their friends), so there's not much use getting worked up about
stuff...

cheers,
frank